Friday 1 February 2013

A month already!

Wow...can hardly believe it is February already, only eleven months to Christmas ;0) Where does the time go?

To begin with I am getting quite excited about spending a week networking in one of the most amazing cities I have ever visited - Bucharest. We (TTPL) were invited to attend an event at The Romanian American University called 'The Art of Networking' - I was lucky enough to be able to go. Off on Sunday and back next Friday so expect loads of stuff relating to that on my return - if you follow us on Twitter (@TTPLuk) then I am sure there will be some pictures and tweets during the week.


We have had a celebrity in our midst today - Katy Wright who was in The Apprentice in 2012 - has been speaking at one of our Network meetings here at the Torbay Innovation Centre...what an interesting young lady, very entertaining with some very funny stories about her time with Lord Sugar.

As I sit here using about as much 'tech' as I can cope with I have been reminded of a small gift my Father gave me last week...an Amstrad Notepad NC100, from 1990!!! - it is hard to believe that at the time this was (almost) state of the art - and is a nice link from Katies visit as we are back with Lord Sugar, the founder of Amstrad. It was very strange trying to use something that has virtually no memory and is stuck 20 years ago - Mmmm, that could be a description of me too!



Here at TTPL towers we are bracing ourselves for some larger than average groups - so once again if you would like to find out more about what one of our amazing young people could do to help your business please get in touch with us.

Student meeting this week was another busy and exciting event... this week we were at Applebys (Heritage Hotel) on Sheddon Hill, Torquay - a great time was had by all. We had to say goodbye to a German group who collected their certificates and said an enthusiastic "auf wiedersehen" to all the friends they have made during their time with us in Torbay. They were, as is usual, placed at various business around the bay and all had an amazing time. So yet another big Thank You to the businesses involved.
That is all from me for this week...look out for updates during the week from Romania.
have a great week everyone
Ciao for now :0)












1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading the very positive student blogs and the standard of English is amazing, a credit to all your visitors :)

    ReplyDelete