Friday 19 July 2013

We are still in England?

Some of us (admitedly not many) were teenagers in 1976...so this current heatwave is something of a surprise to the younger members of our team - we could only imagine what our students thought the weather would be like - certainly not the glorious sunshine we have been enjoying...
"It is such a great trip with this sunny weather! When I got here, everybody told me that it will rain a lot because it’s England but by now we haven’t had one rainy day!"
"Can't believe it's England! Almost 30 degrees, cloudless, a lightbulb sun turned on all day long. Why nobody told me that on April? I would have avoided to bring only winter clothes! ;)"

"When you think about England one of the first things pop in your mind is RAIN!"

"Sun has invaded this country 2 months ago and seems to won't go away! Not a big deal afterall! Beach and sunbaths everyday! Who would could even imagine!?"
"My weather app on my smartphone should be broken! It shows only SUN in Torquay from a month and doesn't want to change! What a pity!"

"Surprisingly my visit to England has been very hot, not like the ‘Typical British summer’ I have heard of. It has made my time very enjoyable, although I did pack for rain so it has cost me a lot in new clothes. But hey, I guess every cloud has a silver lining."
 

 Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather...stay safe and dont forget to wear Sun Screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment