Thursday 17 October 2013

Jackie Bufton - our Educational Expert!

We have, for many years, had the benefit of an educational consultant who has developed may of our programmes and added huge value to the experience our Students and Trainees have enjoyed... here is an opportunity to find out what makes our Jackie tick :0)
I have worked in Education and Training for over 25 years and have advanced experience of delivery, assessment and quality assurance of learning.  I also conduct quality assurance work for three different UK Awarding Organisations.  In addition to this I still do what I love and that is deliver learning to groups of people on a face to face basis, but also remotely via the Internet.    The remote work I do is generally using a Moodle platform, which I not only use as a trainer to support students, but also develop for  organisations such as the Training Partnership Ltd.   My face to face delivery covers a whole selection of interesting subjects that range from: Business and IT, English and Culture, Environment and Art/Craft.  And interestingly sometimes I get to mix the subjects, so for example IT and the Environment when teaching people how to use GPS/GIS systems, or Environment and Art/Craft with the outside being used as the subject for the Art/Craft.  One of my favourite craft subjects is working with glass, and I have a studio where I work with stained, fused or kiln formed glass. 


In my spare time I like to go walking, which I do with my little dog Tansy, or go out and about in my old VW camper van.  When I am out in the countryside I sometimes incorporate foraging or Geocaching – both are great fun!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete