Friday 7 November 2014

Goodbye, Auf Wiedersehen, lebewohl, ciao, adios, arrivederci, da svedanya, la revedere, au revoir, arrivederci..... farewell and see you soon Sam

Goodbye is not the end of everything but merely the beginning of something new!

Today is a very strange day for me; sadly it is my last day here at The Training Partnership. My time with TTPL has been fantastic; full of fond memories, faces, experiences, hard work and laughter!  I cannot start to express how thankful I am for the experience and the responsibility I was given.  I have only been here for 14 months but I have learnt so much, grown as a person and gained the confidence to tackle anything that life can throw. Looking back, my time has been filled with smiling faces, amazing people, interesting stories and more importantly a sense that the work I and TTPL do is worthwhile and meaningful. I have welcomed over a 1000 European trainees, helping them to settle in this weird and wonderful country, taken 100’s to work experience placements aiding their professional development whilst organising lots and lots of events, activities and social nights to ensure their time here is fantastic and memorable!!
 From Boat Parties to BBQ’s, pub quiz’s to cream teas, karaoke nights to leading cultural visits, teaching educational classes, English nights, London excursions, hospitals trips, Xmas card making and Halloween ghost tours… I’ve done it all! Life at TTPL is fast paced, ever changing and definitely not boring.  I would like to thank everyone I’ve met for helping me on my journey and a special thank you to the TTPL team for being warm, happy, funny and genuinely great! It’s been a pleasure working with you all and it won’t be forgotten!
So where to now I hear you say …. Well not to rub it in but I’m off travelling – Seeing the impact TTPL has on student’s and the joy our participants gain from being in a new environment, experiencing a new culture and different traditions,  I have decided to see more of the world! I and my girlfriend (also called Sam) are touring Thailand for 4 weeks, and then it’s a quick visit to Singapore (where chewing gum is illegal!! – crazy) before we’re off ready to celebrate Christmas and NYE in Sydney….then who knows!!!  Fiji, New Zealand…USA (route 66) maybe even MARS hahah! I’ll be sure to update you! Follow me on Facebook J I might even create a video blog with my new GO Pro

And now, the end is near; so is this blog I’ve written. My friends, I'll miss you all, I've packed my case, and leaving Britain. I'll live a life that's full, travelling each and every highway; And more, much more than this, I will do it SAM’s way!     


Stay safe Sam, we will all miss you!



With love and our very best wishes from all of us at The Training Partnership
bon voyage !

No comments:

Post a Comment