Tuesday 12 March 2013

The joy of Networking :0)

I am very lucky in that as part of my job I am able to meet and engage with a huge number of people at some of the many excellent Business Networking events in and around South Devon. Last week, however, was  an exception in that I was at an event almost every day (including both Exeter and Plymouth Chambers) - culminating on Friday with the latest 2nd Friday event at the beautiful Cockington Court. The event is part of a programme organised by the TDA (Torbay Development Agency) and hosted by Adrian Sheen. The programme includes 1st/2nd and 3rd Friday meetings and always have a guest speaker - this week was Alison Benney from 'enlighten HR' who spoke about the trials and tribulations of employment law. The interesting bit from our perspective is that Alison is one of our amazing Work Placement providers and currently has Rhea, one of our students, with her.
Rhea, a young apprentice from Germany will be with Alison for 3 weeks, joined in the network meeting and I was able to introduce her to many of the people attending - all commented on her excellent English skills. It really does make my job such a pleasure when I am able to see first hand the difference we are able to make.

Have a great week everyone :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment